Hosted by Luvia Petersen and Omari Newton

The VMR #3 – Lexa Doig & Jen Spence

IMG_8725Find out what Continuum actors Lexa Doig and Jen Spence mean when they talk about being cast as the “Dragon Lady” or “Wilting Flower”.

Thanks for listening! #BOOM

Listen to the episode or better yet……..

you can subscribe to our iTunes Channel

7 responses

1. Reblogged this on Divinadol.

April 14, 2013 at 1:36 am

• Boom!! Loved the podcast! I felt included in the podcast since I’m part of a visible minority because I’m born in Canada but with Salvadoran roots( if you were to see me you would think I’m filipina or indian or amerindian)!
      I could relate to what Lexa Doig went through not exactly of course but somewhat.
      I’ve been feeling a sort of discrimination since I was in elementary & high school:( but it has diminished in College which I’m happy!
      Can’t wait for the next podcast and listen more to the VMR!:)

April 22, 2013 at 6:36 pm

• visibleminorityreport

Thanks for listening and sharing your experience. Whenever we do the VMR our hope is people will feel like they are right in the room with us!

Boom!

April 23, 2013 at 1:31 am

2. continuumpodcast

Finally finished this immensely entertaining podcast (interruptions and all!) and I have one question: how does Luvia feel when straight actors play gay characters? Not necessarily stereotypically, just in general.

April 18, 2013 at 10:03 pm

• visibleminorityreport

Wow… good question! I have played a straight character many times and as a responsible actress I check in with my “straight” colleagues to make sure I am being authentic as it is not a world I live in.

That being said I am totally cool with it as long as the actor is being authentic and real. It’s our job to pretend so pretend really fricken well and I will love you for it. Check out the TV series “Queer as Folk” for a great example of straight actors playing gay men & women really really well!

Thanks for listening!
      Luvia

April 19, 2013 at 1:47 am

3. this is an amazing thing you are both doing.. You Rock!! I hope you keep this up.

May 16, 2013 at 4:23 am

4. Filipina

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEXA DOIG! We wish you many more movie and TV roles to film in between family living as wife and mother!

June 7, 2013 at 4:21 am